Friday, October 15, 2010

Don't text me fool! Tie a ribbon to my door...


I watched Spanish theatre last and thank God there were subtitles otherwise I would have sat there like a banana waiting to be peeled! The story was tragic, sweet and went something like this:

Boy sees girl at fair and falls in love. Girl sends messenger to tell boy that she will tie a ribbon to her door so that he can woo her. Some douche bag comes and takes the ribbon and when boy gets there he sees random dude with ribbon and feels set up. In the end they still don't end up together. He dies and she cries. Sad, very sad and the whole way through I kept thinking "If they just had cellphones this could have been prevented!?" He would have texted, "Hey Babe" she would have replied, "What's up" and they would have met up for a KFC rounder and lived happily ever after. I say this so matter of fact because the honest simple thing in their story was their love.

Nowadays communication is made possible in every form yet love is the confusing and misleading factor. And on that note, here is some wasted poetry I feel compelled to share... .

Turning from the sound
And getting closer to yours
I saw you standing there
Holding the key to my doors

Grinning cheek to cheek
Getting lost in banter
I'm slowly mesmerized now
Turning even faster

You looked at me
Made your way to the door
But that's OK now
Guess I knew you'd be back for more

Coz it's a moment in time
A place I'd like to rest
The reasoning in all the madness
The heart still beating in my chest

So turn me on
And treat me right
Be the one I hold tonight
Coz tonight is forever
Our place called Never

You're never alone and never without
Don't let me be or become your doubt
We're here today, gone tomorrow
I'm turning in circles
With you babe I'll follow

But hold back now leave me behind
Fake the truth
And rewind my mind

So go ahead and be the man
Be the plan I understand
I wave good-bye and wish you well
Too bad I'm sad
And sorry I fell...

No comments:

Post a Comment