Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Another 'West End' story


It was your average Monday morning, I'd just finished observing my pearly whites when suddenly I was asked to "step into the office" *Please note* this bitter confrontation took place very shortly after my honest concern for a very a concerning matter!

Walking into it blindly like a race-horse still needing to pee, I assumed it was my normal routine check up where the dentist usually just probes and plucks. This however was not the case so you can imagine the heat rising in my ear, throat and nasal cavaties when acknowledging I was about to have root canal treatment on all four molars without the essential numbing brilliance of anaesthesia.

With my new found knowledge of Rihanna's "Disturbia," I had my bags packed within 47 minutes and am now minus some of my favourite shoes (including my peep-toes) I can still visualise rolling out of that toxic situation therefore with or without my shoes, there will no doubt be everlasting footprints in a Californian malfunctioning home. Call it whatever you will but when things go bad and it tastes like a sweating donkey just off-loaded in your mouth, I say "release, reverse, divert and run!"

Yes the "West End" came to my surprise too and for the past 3 weeks I have been wrestling for an answer as to why it all happened. The only understanding I have is that sometimes expressing yourself and searching for honesty in people can often lead to a downward-tunnel of comforting ice-cream and sad love songs.

The people who smile at you, are not always smiling beneath. The ones you think will be there for you when your life turns upside down, are not always the ones that pull you out of the dumpster. Unfolding the truth may bite you where it hurts and for your protection the less you express yourself can save you from feeling rejected, unloved and mistreated. As women we feel it is in our nature and purpose to give, speak, help, nurture, share and survive but quite honestly it can also leave you feeling misunderstood and broken-hearted.

For example the last time I told someone "I Love you," I chose to do it while he was lurching off the side of the boat- (you gotta love being sea-sick) Anyways I chose this moment because he was undoubtedly vulnerable and let's face it, if someone "loved" you while you were lurching off a boat, wouldn't hearing those 3 words for the 1st time be soothing?

Point being, be careful when you express anything until such a time you are prepared to fall 100 stories without a comforting trampoline to cushion your sexy ass. Think before you speak, trust your instincts and sometimes it really is best to say nothing at all!

Call me a cynic, I don't care- when it comes down to it, it's the one's who are always there, come rain or shine that will persist lovingly in your future.

And like with every end in every story comes a new beginning, so from the West to the East, I say a silent hello... .

No comments:

Post a Comment